1. Candidates should read the advertisement carefully. Apply only if you are sure that you meet eligibility criteria.
2. Read all the instructions carefully.
3. Download and print ‘Bank Challan’ from the home page and visit your nearest SBI branch to make fee payment. Ensure that you make the payment of correct denomination into the designated Bank Account only (pl refer detailed ad).
4. Obtain the ONGC and Candidate’s copies of the Bank Challan duly receipted by the SBI branch and ensure that this receipt contains a) Journal Number b) Branch Name c) Branch Code No d) Date of Deposit e) Amount f) Your name g) Category h) Bank Seal/Stamp.
5. If applicants intend to upload their documents they should then scan their photograph, signature, and Bank Challan as per guidelines available on home page. Please use only Black ink for signature.
6. If applicants intend to send their documents through post, they need to print the registration slip, affix photo, sign the registration slip, attach the bank challan and send it to designated PO Box No.
7. On the home page, click on ‘New Registration’ if you have not already registered.
8. Candidates need to apply using a valid email ID and a valid mobile number. These are important means of communication and it is in the candidate’s interest to maintain accuracy of the data being entered.
9. After filling email ID, candidate’s name, father’s name, mobile number, and Date of birth, a registration ID is generated and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note this registration ID carefully and keep in a safe location for future use.
10. After registration, return to the home page and under ‘Registered Candidates,’ enter your Registration ID, email ID, and Date of Birth to proceed to the main application form.
11. In main application, fill in all the details accurately. Correctness of all information is the responsibility of the candidate.
12. After filling up all the fields and selection of posts etc., candidates can choose any one of the following:
a. Submit without uploading your documents: candidates opting for this mode will be required to send print of their signed registration slip, with photograph duly affixed, along with the ONGC’s challan copy to the designated address so as to reach latest by 20.08.2011.
b. ‘Submit to upload documents’ if you wish to upload scanned copied of your photo, sign, and ONGC’s copy of bank challan.
13. After submission of the application, registration slip will be generated. Print the registration slip and retain a copy for yourself.