Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exam for EPFO recruitment of APFC Assistant Provident Fund Commissioner was conducted on 23-09-2012.
Question Paper for the Exam with Answer Key for APFC can be discussed here. Cutoff will be available for APFC 2012 @sorapedia.com
1. It is said that, in order to control inflation, foreign inflow needs to be sterlized. Sterlization here refers to :
(A) Ensuring that counterfeit currency does not enter circulation.
(B) Ensuring that black money is accounted for
(C) withdrawing equivalent local currency to maintain a desirable rate of exchange
(D) compliance with import-export regulation.
2. NABARD means:
(A) National Bank for Agiculture and Rural Development
(B) National Agriculture Bank and Rural Development.
(C) National Agriculture Board and Rural Development
(D) National Board for Agriculture and Rural Area Development.
3. In which of the following Act, housing facility is a statutory provision?
(A) The Plantation Labour Act, 1951
(B) The Factories Act, 1948
(C) The Mines Act, 1952
(D) None of the Above
4. If the RBI adopts an expansionist open market operations policy, this means it will :
(A) Sell securities in the open Market
(B) Buy securities from non-government holders.
(C) Openly announces to the market that it intends to expand credit.
(D) Offer commercial banks more credit in the open market.
5. Structural planning refers to :
(A) Centralized planning
(B) Laying down broad goals and strategies.
(C) Changing existing instititions or creating new ones.
(D) Fixing flexible targers.
6. Three states which have Human Development Index(HDI) higher than china are :
(A) Kerala, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh
(B) Kerala, Punjab and Maharashtra
(C) Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Punjab
(D) Kerala Madhya Pradesh and Gujrat
7. The newly introduced rupee symbol is based on :
(A) Roman and Greek Script.
(B) Persian and Dravidian Script
(C) Roman and Devanagari Script
(D) Greek and Devnagari Script
8. Which one of the following institutions was NOT set up by the constitution of India?
(A) Union Public Service Commission
(B) Election Commission
(C) Planning Commission
(D) Union Judiciary
9. One of the following Government of India programme aims to help, build or upgraded dwelling units of below the poverty line rural families.
(A) National Social Assistance Programme
(B) Jawahar Rojgar Yojana
(C) Indira Awas Yojana
(D) Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission
10. The Seventh Schedule of the constitution of india contains provisions regarding
(A) Scheduled Languages
(B) Oaths and affirmations
(C) Administartion of Tribal areas
(D) Union, State, Concurrent Lists
11. The responsibility of preparation of electoral rolls in india rests with:
(A) The Parliament
(B) The Local Administrations
(C) The Election Commission
(D) The returing officer
12. Which of the following is NOT covered by the employee provident fund and miscellaneous provision Act, 1952
(B) Provident Fund
(C) Deposit Linked Insurance
(D) Injury Compensation
13. What is the maximum limit of gratutity payable under the payement of Gratuity Act, 1972?
(A) 3 Lakhs Rupees
(B) 7.5 Lakhs Rupees
(C) 10 Lakhs Rupees
(D) 10.5 Lakhs Rupees
14. In which part of the Indian Constitution, worker’s participation in Management has been incorporated ?
(A) The Preamble
(B) The Fundament Rights
(C) The Directive Principles of state policy
(D) None of the above
15. Which of the following is the earliest to be constituted ?
(A) Press council of india
(B) United News of India
(C) NAM News Network
(D) Press Trust of India